Say 'No' to Big Development
Watch Our Community Meeting
Save the Shores hosted a virtual community meeting on June 28, 2022 to introduce our organization, particularly our Say ‘No’ to Big Development campaign, and highlight the newly-proposed redevelopments’ details and the potential adverse risks to Redwood Shores and surrounding communities if the proposals are approved without modification.
- Longfellow and PGIM real estate developers are proposing to redevelop Redwood LIFE, formerly known as Westport technology campus, located along Marine Parkway between Bridge and Shell Parkways.
- The proposed development would replace the existing 20 two-story buildings with 16 five- to six-story buildings, most standing over 100 feet tall, adding 2.4 million square feet of life science office space, employing up to 8,000 people.
- This project would be built in seven phases over a period of 10 to 20 years.
1 & 3 Twin Dolphin Drive
- Prince Street Partners, a commercial real estate developer, is proposing to redevelop 1 & 3 Twin Dolphin Drive and along Marine Parkway.
- The proposed project would demolish and redevelop the existing two buildings into a five-story life sciences building and a two-story parking lot. The proposal also requests to modify the property line (a “lot line adjustment”) to integrate 100 Marine Parkway.
10 & 12 Twin Dolphin Drive
- Real estate developer IQHQ is proposing to demolish and redevelop 10-12 Twin Dolphin Drive and along Marine Parkway. This project is also across the street from the 1 & 3 Twin Dolphin proposal referenced above.
- The redevelopment, if approved, would replace the existing single five-story 262,000 square foot structure with three buildings, totaling 654,000 square feet, for life science office space.